Tuesday, May 06, 2008



Destroyer is one of my all-time favorite bands. I've spent more time on the Destroyer wiki, spent more money on eBay buying all of the albums, and gotten more frustrated with people not seeing Trouble in Dreams as a nod to early-2000 Destroyer (the rating WMCN's own Liner Notes gave the album was disappointing) than I'd like to admit.

So I was pretty happy to see this Washington Post feature pop up on The Catbirdseat today. It's about as obsessive and nerdy as you can get when you put two huge fans of a band with as much content as Destroyer together to argue about the best album. The article itself reads like a Destroyer song, filled with references such as "Pistols at dawn can only work for so long" and "Destroyer's The Temple."

Personally I've never been able to come to a conclusion with these albums, and usually just give up and go back to City of Daughters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

That argument puts this blog's sad attempt at geekily esoteric irrelevance to shame!

I also liked the new Destroyer better than Liner Notes, though that publication is generally pretty with it. Don't tell GM Dotray, as I've heard he believes that Destroyer are overrated.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home