Monday, July 07, 2008

who's the boss?

It was a particularly nice day in the liberal arts mecca that is Portland, Oregon a few weeks back and so my dad and I decided to make an impromptu drive to Mount Hood. Most drives with my dad are the same: driving in a mid-life crisis sports car, we speed a little more than we need to and always listen to the same music, which my dad claims makes you drive faster.



And you know what? He's right. Springsteen is just pretty damn good driving music. So I've been blasting this in my Camry whenever I get the chance for the last week, and all of a sudden I remembered a record that I bought back in January: Casiotone For The Painfully Alone and his brother Concern's collaborative 7" covering Born In The U.S.A. and Streets of Philadelphia. A friend of mine conveniently has one of those newfangled vinyl-to-USB decks so I was able to rip it to MP3.

Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - Born In The U.S.A. (mp3)

You can hear Streets of Philadelphia on CFTPA's MySpace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

link isn't working, should be:

http://columbiafleet.com/corbin/bornintheusa.mp3

11:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that darn http!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Geoff said...

Reminds me of the part in The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem when the college age narrator is playing Another Green World in his dad's car and wondering what his dad is thinking about it. One never knows in such situations.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home